Friday, August 8, 2014

Im very much my Mothers Daughter

It may be your worst fear... Turning into your parents..  & although there are some changes we may try to make in the vein of efforts along the way toward differing ourselves ...in the end, You can't change your DNA!

All this time, in the scheme of trying to sort my medical woes out... I have excluded my mother from the equation(s) because of her Polio.. Serious Mistake!

As it turns out, she's not the exception - not the rule either - but most definitely (I feel) integral to fitting the puzzle pieces together!

As it turns out.. Her diagnosis came at the height of the polio epidemic/salk vaccine years('51~60). She was even a march of dimes poster child. 

She was born 1949 SC. At approx 5yrs old, while playing & running with her cousins one day; she inadvertently stepped into a hole injuring her ankle.  Because they lived on an island plantation only accessible by ferry; she was merely attended to at home and sent to bed. During the night my grandmother was awoken by a noise & came to my mothers aid who had apparently fallen on her way to use restroom. Her leg wouldn't work!

No comments:

Post a Comment