Sunday, October 26, 2014

Great GrandParents Rena Bell Burgess & James "Murphy" Morris

Rena Bell Burgess
Married
James Murphy Morris
(Georgetown, SC ~ also where the paternal side of my tree hails from)
 
/aka; Murphy Howard on the attached link(s).
(Last Name taken forward was Morris although tree indicates otherwise
>ie: Hazel Howard
 vs. Hazel Morris,  middle daughter, my grandmother)
 
Mammy & Apo; as we referred to my Great Grandparents, would have been first cousins (once removed)... Not unusual for the times!

Check your history ~google the Roosevelt's~
there's a great PBS special about Teddy, FDR & Eleanor and even a Mercer that features prominently in the Ken Burns series but, i digress...
 
Murphy/Apo:
(The last name Howard confused as 2 marriages subsequent to his father's death with same surname*  Alice Britt & Sue Morris  -both married men with last name Howard- 
Sue may have brought her younger brother (Apo) into her family but, was actually his sister.

David Morris (died 1905/Apo age 5)
Alice Britt (remarried;  Howard).
 
David's parents/Apo's Paternal Grandparent's were:
Hansford Richard Morris
& Melvina Burgess (had a brother named John W. Burgess)
 
John W. Burgess (Mammy's GrandFather) married to Jane Morris were the parents of
Sarah "Mamie" Morris
who is Rena Bell's/Mammy's Mother.
 
 
| Therefore; Apo's Grandmother Melvina was the sister of Mammy's Grandfather John W.
|Clementina Anderson (mother of both Melvina & John W) is shared GG
| Because they share the same Great - Grandmother they are First Cousins (once removed) as the connection is separated from first degree relative by one generation; a grandparent.
 
Here's a link that will help you track it down for yourself; incase you are related to me on the maternal side .... http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/g/l/a/Louise-S-Gladden/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-1089.html
 
???????????
If I have followed the genome graph correctly indicating I have rcvd DNA from GGrandMother's familial tree,
that come to find out is the same as my GGrandFather's roots, duplicated to their child/my grandmother & passed via my mother..
Does that mean I received multiple copies /defects / mutations
¿???????????? 
Mamie (my great-great grandmother) died in the early 70s I actually have early recollection (&some pics) visiting her in Jax. & growing up my Great GrandParents were very close until deaths (5yrs apart - near the time of my highschool graduation & early 20s, They knew Jacque' as a baby!) & Meemaw still praising God everyday @ 88.. so longevity is not the issue, its the suffering until then...
 
I have not back tracked the other Morris Burgess branch connections further, although there are several... and as mentioned, not unusual for the times; seeing how both sides of my family tree come from the same geographic area I wouldn't be surprised if there was some co-mingling there as well.
 
But, I struggle now with what information is relative and useful & how to pass this on to my heirs (since they already have the stuff... I think I just need to word the disclaimer at this point??)
 
They say if you can find your wound you can begin to heal, I have hit the jackpot recently and am just trying to work it all out.
 
If you read further posts ... just know that most of these articles relate to signs & symptoms that I have utilized in my personal treatment & pursuit of care.  There are only a few narrative type, from the beginning/scroll to the bottom, if you're interested in that kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment