Sunday, November 16, 2014

Put me on the front porch...

with a cocktail & I'll tell you stories past sunset! That's how we do it in the south!  Call me crazy but, I come by it honest ~ I'm just willing to share a little more than others.

Which is unusual when there is supposed to be so much shame attached to our skeletons, that we keep them crammed in the back of the closet: well hidden!

It must be the tribal talking gene that came along in my DNA basket of goodies.

At this point, I guess I'm just hoping there's a comfy porch or rocking chair with my name on it somewhere with an interesting view, someone who wants to listen & hopefully I'm not a burden.

So I adopted the mantra...
IF YOU FIND YOUR WOUND `
YOU CAN BEGIN TO HEAL
and am willing to take the skeletons out of the closet & dance with them (how very UN-Southern, of me!) ...

I have -by necessity, due to physical ailments- had to start picking at proverbial scabs. I had been focusing on figuring out the signs & symptoms of my condition when it became apparent that all my world's were colliding ....
~ physical manifestations & emotional scaring ~
whoaa the motherload I have uncovered is a conspiracy theorists dream.... Man, this goes deep!

In fact, I still take pause over some of the things I have been enlightened with... Especially when I listen to things I am sharing & how they might be interpreted/heard by the listener of said tale (s).

So with much appreciation and copious amounts of humility I am ever so grateful and thankful to the scant few who took time to listen & show non-judgmental compassion/empathy.  Thanks to their support & understanding I have been able to work my way through some intensive therapies -mental, physical, genetic-!!

No comments:

Post a Comment