Thursday, May 29, 2014

Filling in the pieces... Adipose Tissue Disorder

When I was young, constantly plagued by allergies. Mostly sinus related like common rhinitis and skin reactions to grasses. I was very susceptible to colds. And every cold I ever had went to my chest and turned into bronchitis. My mother recalls feeling sympathetic, I recall her screaming to blow my nose.

My period didn't begin until after my 16th birthday but once it did it was a nightmare.  Periods were  irregular, blood loss was always severe, heavy tissues and clots required a number of D&Cs. I eventually began birth control that stopped my periods completely. Discontinuing proved to be more of a nightmare & suffered 2 miscarriages thereafter.

Concerning my 3 children: the first delivery was to be natural but as my daughter was over 8lbs we each experienced some difficulty as she was in the birth canal & had an emergency c-section(89). My second child & I suffered a complicated pregnancy & it was questionable but would try natural delivery which didn't work either and it was only discovered after my insistence upon delivery that he actually harbored a grapefruit size tumor in his liver(90). My youngest son and I experienced placenta previa, amino, and a period of hospitalization prior to his c-section delivery(97).

I was ejected from a vehicle on the way to high school graduation causing spinal injury . And upon chiropractic rehabilitation visits discovered schuerrman's spine, mild scoliosis, and early arthritis diagnoses.

Debilitating migraine headaches began in my early 20's. Including all the classic signs plus vomitting & sustained fatigue afterwards.

During my 30s the migraines escalated more frequent, more pronounced, and for longer durations causing complete lockdown and imitrex injections.

I had 2 separate "attacks" / "episodes" sandwiching a period of confusion, brain fog, inability to function mentally at the prior level, becoming overwhelmed by outside stimuli and severe eye sensitivity to light & skin reactions. Both attacks were medically observed. The first  attack was described as migraine related ezcemic (sp?) occurrence.. When one side of my face had swollen quite large as though I was having an allergic reaction of some sort (but was not). The 2nd was called a palsy, when one side of my face drooped and lost elastisty.  Both the swelling and the dropped face issues resolved.  However, the other symptoms continued for a few weeks although I still have lingering difficulties with brain fog and the like.

Beginning in my late 20s began to have a number of abdominal issues. At least twice visiting the ER for pain intervention. Given GI cocktails with lidocaine.

Discovered new dietary intolerances ; bok Choy & the like.

30s found first lipoma in thigh, told it wasn't anything to be too concerned about. Many more began to be palpable in my arms & trunk.

suspicious mole biopsy clear. Lipoma from upper arm removed biopsy noncancerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment