Sunday, May 25, 2014

Try for Tietzes...

(2 excerpts below from UK to assist)

Tietzes syndrome cure (hopefully) Posted over a year ago Have suffered for years like most of you on this forum i wont bore you with the details e.r, codiene, steriod shots etc... What i have found what works for me is calcium orotate, yes it is expensive but it has given me my life back and compared to the amount of months i have to have off work when i get an attack it's worth it really, two years ago i was ready to kill myself as i could no longer live with the pain but this has changed my life i'm not saying i dont get the odd twinges because i do, but then i increase the dose for a few days and the pains die back down. It is not an instant cure you have to give it a few weeks to get into the cartilage, Anyway go try what do you have to lose, would love to know if it works for other people too. 

(dercums complication, breathing factors combined with frontal enclosed posture tendencies, forward rolling shoulders)

Tietze Syndrome

Posted over a year ago

I have a possible treatment for anyone with Tietze Syndrome to try. I had it for about 10 months and was in severe pain. I couldn't even breath deeply or sneeze, or pick things up without extreme pain. I also had a lot of inflammation and upper back pain.

I came to realize that my poor posture was causing the problem after many consultations with doctors, physiotherapists and massage therapists. I have very rounded shoulders.

You can test to see if you have rounded shoulders by standing with your arms loosely at your side. If your thumbs hang in toward your thighs, then you have rounded shoulders. If you thumbs hang forward then your posture is much better.

My rounded shoulders are caused by very tight chest muscles and weak upper back muscles.

The first thing I had to do toward my healing process was stretch my chest muscles so that they were not always pulling my shoulders in, and also strengthen my upper back muscles so that they would automatically pull my shoulders back more naturally.

I also realized that I sleep on my side at night and hug my arms into my chest so I had to train myself to sleep on my back so that gravity could help my chest relax instead of being tensed up at night.

Stretches to help loosen the chest:

Lie on a physio roller lengthwise with the roller going vertically from your head to your lower back.

Start with your arms down by your sides and slowly raise them straight up over your head until they touch the floor behind you (when I first started I couldn't even come close to touching the floor behind my head because my shoulders were so tight, but over time I loosened up and could touch the floor)

Also try lying the same way on the roller and bring the arms up to the sides of your body kind of like you are making a snow angel all the way to the top of the head keeping arms straight.

I could not believe how much these exercises helped me to loosen my chest muscles and over a few weeks of doing these a few times daily, the pain started to go away.

Now whenever I feel a twinge in my chest, I know that I am getting tight in my chest and I need to keep up the stretches. It really helps. Doing upper back strengthening exercises with weights really helps too.

I don't know if this will work for everyone, but give it some time, it is a very simple solution and is definitely worth a try because I know how depressing the pain can be and now I have been pain free for over a year.

I know it probably seems too simple to work, but it worked for me

No comments:

Post a Comment