Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Legacy....

Meemaw and I had the most beautiful conversations over the last few days... I had forgotten about my own birthday until she started asking about my mail. Funny in so many small ways this past years health decline has left it's mark, I suppose... But I digress....

She says she wants to leave a legacy and I told her she must pick something else for her bucket wish because her legacy precedes her!!

But I don't think she really understands my meaning...

It is not through us sad sacks whom are lucky enough to be related to her or via her friends that have come & gone throughout the years. We are the mere soldiers in her army, just a shadow of the strength she taught us to be, ...

Her legacy is nothing less than what God asked her to be and that lives on in the hearts and on the tongues of every person she touched either with her hand or simply by her voice as it raised you up in prayer to the heavens even when she didn't know your name & you were probably undeserving.

Meemaw's legacy precedes her in so many ways because none of us are good enough to carry it alone...

God (even though a jealous God) allowed her to mean so much - to so many -in different ways & yet humble in her walk (because all the while her focus was Him).

Cherish her in your prayers even if you weren't lucky enough to be touched by her hand!! And let her know how she's touched your life, every chance you get!

You are a legacy of God's Love!
Thank you Meemaw!!

No comments:

Post a Comment