Friday, February 5, 2016

Getting back to where we once belonged....

So when I started to be overwhelmed by my lack of health, I began looking back on my hippy/gypsy beginnings and recalling all the things that were told but didn't resonate at the time. 

I began gradually eliminating things that weren't elevating me, like; sugar, caffeine, fake anything: sweeteners, colorings, preservatives, etc..
& thinking of the toxic load I invite into my home & body everyday, even if unwittingly. 
I was obsessive about air fresheners,, the kind you plug in that slowly emit fragrance as well as, it turns out, poisons. I colored my hair from a box religiously & frequently more than indicated. 
Beside the bad things I knowingly & willing choose to be the consumer ... there are allot of the little extras I never even considered as a threat,  and besides all the things the agencies & advertisers hid or hadn't told me about... I began to take a much closer look at my lifestyle choices.

But because I never try to look at things in either /or, all /nothing ways .. Everything in moderation ..
Slowly but surely I'm turning a new leaf & much on my target list has been eradicated & I'm not deprived.. I've found wonderful replacements.  For instance, 
I still drink coffee, but it's 1/2caf
Once in a great while I will have a coca~cola prefer real sugar version.
I never drive thru for non-food, I still dine out occasionally but my choices are entirely different now & not begrudgingly I will select steam broccoli over French Fries easily!
I have thrown out those plug in diffusers and replace with essential oils.

I encourage you to start making small shifts in your daily routine & see the impact it can have in your world. You'll be surprised & have got nothing to lose.  
There are no hard and fast rules like a strict diet might entail .. it's totally up to you, how far you take it. My objective was to lighten my toxic load over all but it took a lot of small steps & as I continue I realize it should've been this way all along!

From cleaning agents & weed killers to air fresheners, cosmetics, hygiene & even dietary friendly additives you're covered with just a few non-toxic ingredients that won't harm you or the environment. Here are a few of my best friends...
Coconut Oil
Baking Soda
Vinegar (white & apple cider)
Sea Salt
Honey
Lemon
Epsom Salts

here are a few resources- something you can try to get started, if you like...



No comments:

Post a Comment