Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Bathroom floor

Chronically Ill.. ?!  
But..
.. you don't look sick.
..you were just out yesterday.
.. oh, you're too young to sit around, etc...
Oh, come on & join us, you'll have fun getting out.. Or
Don't invite her, she won't come anyway.
Lazy.
Excuses, excuses....

Those are just a few phrases you might hear on any given day ~ maybe even from someone you love (it might even be yourself).

 Forgive them, they know not what they do. 

Today, for instance; I woke from one of the best sleeps I've had in ages. Yes, I woke at 4am but that's OK. 
I was able to move from the bed for coffee (1/2caf) without too much ado so, I decided to do something that seriously required attention but wouldn't take any herculean effort, my hair.  It's long & unruly with that Poliosis skunk stripe that I'm confused on managing, plus it hadn't been cut in years. 

I set myself up at the bathroom vanity and began sectioning, so far, so good. I can do this!
 I even brought a bar stool to sit occasionally, no worries. 
I clipped a few inches away & allot of bulk that made my neck feel lighter. Success! 
Wow, I'm doing good, I'm gonna style it & maybe even make it one of the very rare days with cosmetics....


Well, with all my high hopes of taking a selfie & prancing my preened self in public.... I compose this message to you now from the bathroom floor. Some days even with the best intentions & efforts it just doesn't work out. Luckily, no ones invited or expecting me any where. I'll just wait the pain out here, disappointing no one but myself.

Today is still a good day! There are lots of daylight hours left and if this is the worst that happens, I'm still doing well comparatively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment